Volunteering Your Time
Parent volunteers are an integral part of our school and its educational climate. If you would like to help in the capacity of Parent Volunteer, please come into the school office.
As a volunteer you may wish to:
- Assist in the classroom, library or office
- Help out with special projects, on field trips, or a resource person
- Assist during lunch breaks
- Help with special events such as the Terry Fox Run, Pet Parade, Christmas Concert, Track and Field, and/or Elementary Sports Day
If you have artistic or decorative talents, we welcome your skills to work with display cases, bulletin boards, or set creation for the Christmas Play.
When volunteering at the school, we ask that you respect the privacy of staff and students. If you require something from a classroom or from the general office, please ask and we will be happy to offer some assistance. Confidential information is kept at the school and we must ensure that this information is kept secure.
From time to time, you may be working with a student or become aware of a situation that may have occurred while you are at the school. We ask that you treat all student-related matters with confidentiality. Under FOIP (Freedom of Information and Privacy), we will not discuss student or staff matters with parent volunteers. We ask for your cooperation in these matters.
Volunteers play a large part in making Duffield School such a special place for children and we appreciate the time and energy that volunteers dedicate to our school community.
How to Become a Volunteer
As part of Parkland School Division Administrative Procedure 316, all volunteers are required to:
- Complete a Volunteer Registration Form
- Provide a Criminal Records Check
- Provide a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Sign a Confidentiality Agreement
Please review the Division Administrative Procedures regarding volunteers.